“You look like the Joker!”
These were the words from my boyfriend’s mouth when I tried on my finished Robe Sureau wearable muslin. Now you have to understand that this is not a bad thing coming from him, as his favourite superhero and villain pairing is Batman and the Joker. Still, not quite what I hoped to hear.
Overall I like this dress, there are just a couple of things off. Fitting wise the bodice needs to be around 1.5 inches longer.
And I think that will solve my main issue with this dress. But somehow I do not think the arms work for me. I feel a bit mousey in this dress.
I was a bit stumped on how to add pockets to this. I tried the same method as for Tilly’s Picnic skirt but then on one side seam there is the zipper … hmm.
Also gathered skirts do not really work on my I feel, hence I will probably do some sort of frankenpatterning next, maybe with my favourite Cambie skirt as I did for my LBD Macaron!
Construction wise the pattern came together super quick. Even without knowing French you can work the construction out if you have made a dress before.
There are some great version popping up all over the internet with the sewalong so cannot wait to see more! Hope someone does a sewalong for their coat too! *hint hint at all the french speakers*
I am not quite decided what sort of version to make next. I have some stripey material, lovely grey cotton but not enough I fear. Will have to have a look through the stash!